[extropy-chat] RE: Shadows of reality

Dennis May determinism at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:49:49 UTC 2004

scerir wrote:

>According to Bell, Everett's and Bohm's theories are not so different.
>Bell rejected Everett first, then also Bohm.

In Bell's collected works on Quantum Mechanics "Speakable and
Unspeakable in Quantum Mechanics" published just before Bell
died, he had not rejected Bohm.  The book you quoted from was
an earlier work, which I have not read.  I would find it strange if
Bell had rejected Bohm based on a careful reading of the later book.
He called it a scandal within physics that Bohm's work is not being
taught along side the standard QM approach.

Dennis May