[extropy-chat] RE: Shadows of reality

Dennis May determinism at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 04:54:54 UTC 2004

Damien Broderick wrote:

>BTW, I suppose everyone has read Huw Price's argument (Time's Arrow and
>Archimedes' Point) that the viability of hidden variables is *not*
>obliterated by Bell theorem inequality violation?

Bell explained that hidden variables are allowed as long as there
is supraluminal signaling [sometimes called non-locality].  von Neumann's
proof against hidden variables was in error.  Bell fought the
misinterpretation
of his work from 1964 till the day he died.  Even in a gathering celebrating
his life work - his work was entirely mischaracterized.  Bohmian Mechanics
researchers were not among those invited to the celebration.  Another
slap in the face by establishment physics.

Dennis May