[extropy-chat] RE: Shadows of reality

scerir at libero.it scerir at libero.it
Sat Jan 17 08:26:27 UTC 2004

> BTW, I suppose everyone has read Huw Price's argument (Time's Arrow and
> Archimedes' Point) that the viability of hidden variables is *not*
> obliterated by Bell theorem inequality violation?
 > Damien Broderick

Actually there are papers showing the possibility of hidden variables,
if one allows "negative measures" (negative probabilities). Notice
that these negative probabilities are hidden, you cannot reveal them
by experiment. Negative measures and time reversal (or time
symmetrical description) may be connected. Bell did not like
Price's arguments though. (Dirac was the first who spoke about
negative probabilities).
s.