[extropy-chat] Atkins Diet Change

Mon Jan 19 18:13:26 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote,
> I would disagree with children and seniors.
> As I've detailed here, and Robert has
> concurred, there is evidence that low-fat
> diets can have an impact on brain health,
> with potential for encephalopathy.

Nobody is talking about children or seniors.  For healthy adults, low-fat is
good.  Since transhumanists are no longer children and will hopefully avoid
old age, it seems that the low-fat diet, as described in Kurzweil's Ten
Percent Solution, remains the transhumanist diet (along with calorie
restriction).  I think the people reading this group have a much greater
risk of heart-attack than they do of having poor brain health.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,