[extropy-chat] Bush's Schedule for NASA

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Tue Jan 20 07:28:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:44:49 -0500
"Harvey Newstrom" <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> By the way, speculation that NASA is the third agency in the
> Defense/Homeland Department seems to have been confirmed.  A CNN report
> today reveals that Northwest admits it also gave passenger information to
> the government for data-mining to detect terrorists.  But what got my
> interest was that the information was given to NASA and NASA was doing the
> data-mining.  It appears that NASA is in charge of aviation safety and
> anti-terrorism efforts in the skies.  They have been doing this since 9/11
> and presumably will continue doing it.

SIGH.  A cave far away from this madness is beginning to look really tempting.  How is it that the American people are still letting everything, rights, science, freedom, economy, jobs, sanity go as being secondary and subservient to a never-ending, no-exit strategy, unlimited cost "War on Terror"?   If I didn't read the news I would not believe that this level of utter stupidity  or complacent apathy was possible.

> NASA is now a Homeland/Defense agency and is part of the War on Terrorism.
> It is canceling all projects to focus on a single mission.  That mission is
> based on American superiority and pre-emptive strikes against other
> countries.  We are no longer interested in international cooperation in
> space (such as the International Space Station which we plan to abandon to
> others).
>
> All government space interests have now been diverted to military purposes.
> The great militarization of space has begun.  This may be the greatest
> threat to other space programs including any future transhumanist efforts.

Please furnish more references justifying these conclusions.

- samantha