[extropy-chat] Re: Public Schools

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 09:15:52 UTC 2004

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> ...I have also seen a few examples of "home-
> schooled" kids who didn't seem to have any real
> schooling at all. ...

Ditto a lot of public school kids.  Ditto a lot of
"college educated" folks as well.

I must admit, it isn't a very constructive comment.
Nevertheless, stupidity is a learned thing, and those
so 'skilled' find it a hard habit to break,
particularly considering the economic and cultural
alienation to which turning that new leaf would likely
expose them.

Jeff Davis, unregenerate wise-ass.

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental
ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of
our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we
should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and
love of power." - P. J. O'Rourke