[extropy-chat] FWD (UFO UpDate) New *U* Database Maps Online

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 20 18:05:40 UTC 2004

From: Larry Hatch <larryhatch at SYSMATRIX.NET>
To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates at virtuallystrange.net>
Date:   Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:57:49 -0800
Subject: New *U* Database Maps Online

Hello all:

I haven't been asleep here, just working on new pages for my *U*
UFO Database website.

The Thematic Maps menu page is remodeled:

http://www.larryhatch.net/THEMEMAPS.html

I moved two decades maps there, and created some new ones.

First is a map of pre-1940s UFO sightings which show on both
sides of the Atlantic. Data is sparse then, so I lumped in
everything from 593 BC to December of 1939.

http://www.larryhatch.net/PRE1940.html

Next is the entire decade of the 1940s in North America. There
are two maps actually, the top one shows all data, the bottom
one is the same map with only two months data removed, i.e.
without June-July 1947. The contrast of 118 versus 120 months is
obvious:

http://www.larryhatch.net/NAM40S.html

Then comes the 1950s. Again two maps, the bottom map has data
from several waves removed; i.e. without the wave months of
1950, 1952, 1954 and 1957. The contrast is less obvious than the
1947 comparison.

http://www.larryhatch.net/NAM50S.html

The maps for the 1960s do not remove wave months, but display
North America and Europe instead. Romania shows lots of events,
Germany scarcely any.

http://www.larryhatch.net/1960S.html

Maps for the 1970s are for Europe and North America again. The
missile-silo sightings of North Dakota (1960s) have shifted
hundreds of miles West, well into Montana (1970s).

Maps for the 1980s and 1990s have been up on my site all along.

http://www.larryhatch.net/NAM80S.html

http://www.larryhatch.net/NAM90S.html

I hope you have time for a nice browse. Comments and suggestions
are welcomed.

Best wishes

- Larry Hatch

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program