[extropy-chat] SPACE: I am going there

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 23 02:07:54 UTC 2004

--- "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:
> Well, I'm going into space for a year and a half.
> Due
> to the fact that my name will likely be turned into
> space dust in the process of impacting I'll be
> dependent
> on scientists like Amara to reconstruct me.

Umm...so, you're thinking someone can construct a
sufficiently complete simulacrum of you based only on
your name?  I think I'll wait until they can start
getting entire human bodies up there permanently
(including having a destination facility capable of
maintaining such) and/or compression into machine
intelligence (with the appropriate transportation and
maintenance for that form) before claiming to "go"
there.