[extropy-chat] NEWS: Mars Express finds water ice on Mars

Russell Evermore nanowave at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 20:18:06 UTC 2004

Congratulations everyone! This is a moment for secular humanity to glow with
the warm pride of accomplishment! I would like to take this opportunity to
announce the formation of a new society - the SPCSMME (Society for the
Prevention of Contamination by Superstition of the Martian Memetic Ecology)

May there never be a church, a mosque, or a temple of blind faith
constructed there to blot or blight the lovely Martian landscape. May
humanity always have one safe haven in this solar system from the ravages of
superstition, luddism, and madness.

May Enlightenment values rein on Mars forever!

Let the Terra-forming begin!

Russell Evermore
nanowave at shaw.ca