[extropy-chat] Re: STING: I've got a live one!

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 00:42:08 UTC 2004

> > Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Check out this guy's story:
> > http://www.remodern.com/caught.html

Great story!

I predict that loosely organized e-posses will form,
internet associations of people who will work together
to bag criminals, one little hobby project at a time.  The
cops will not take on little under-$5k ripoffs like this
one, but I will.  If someone gets ripped off on ebay
for instance, by someone within 100 km from here,
I would cheerfully take my digital camera and snap
a few photos, post them to wherever.  I wouldn't do
the baseball bat routine, that isn't my specialty.
But I would participate in an organized effort,
all by completely non-violent means, through internet
and information handling skills, to make the
reprehensible perp regret ever having been born.