[extropy-chat] Carbon bonding from Cassini and on Earth

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sun Jul 4 00:22:18 UTC 2004

I didn't process this, my VIMS group at Tucson and JPL processed this:
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gs2.cgi?path=../multimedia/images/titan/images/PIA06405.jpg&type=image

Titan's surface revealed
July 3, 2004 	Full-Res: PIA06405

Piercing the ubiquitous layer of smog enshrouding Titan, these images
from the Cassini visual and infrared mapping spectrometer reveals an
exotic surface covered with a variety of materials in the southern
hemisphere.

Using near-infrared colors--some three times deeper in the red visible
to the human eye--these images reveal the surface with unusual
clarity. The left image shows a variety of surface features at a
wavelength of 2.0 microns. The darker areas are possibly regions of
relatively pure water ice, while the brighter regions likely have a
much higher amount of non-ice materials such as simple hydrocarbons.
The middle image measured at a wavelength of 2.8

-----

and I dedicate it to Eugene and Ulrike, who now have the hitched pleasure
of exploring each other's exotic surface for a very very very long
time. Thank you for letting me participate in your precious day, Eugene.

Amara
(and again, Congratulations!)

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/