[extropy-chat] Google Sets

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Wed Jul 7 22:30:52 UTC 2004

 (7/7/04 13:47) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'd have to disagree on that. We've gotten WAY more press coverage in
>the last year than ExI ever has. Google agrees, with 28,100 hits for
>extropy (the term in general) while "Free State Project" gets 42,300
>hits. "Extropy Institute" specifically only gets 5,870 hits on Google.
>So, the FSP is more than seven times more widely known of according to
>Google than ExI.

But you don't know how high the quality of those "hits" is. And, realistically, neither group is exactly rolling in lots of mainstream coverage. With the FSP specifically, there seem to be very few sites that name lots of names and a lot of sites that refer to the group as "those farseeing people" or "those damned nutters."  Etc.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein