[extropy-chat] "I, Robot" and Kurzweil: on Astrobiology Radio Program re

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Jul 24 18:12:53 UTC 2004

Time will be 7 pm to 8 pm WEST COAST time (10 pm to 11 pm ET) this Sunday
night, July 25.
<http://www.seti.org/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html>http://www.seti.org/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.<http://www.seti.org/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html>html

Ray Kurzweil will be appearing on a "new national radio show on
astrobiology for the SETI Institute hosted by SETI Astronomer Seth Shostak.
I will be a guest this Sunday night to talk about the future of artificial
intelligence - using the movie "I, Robot," as the starting point. Isaac
Asimov's daughter, Robyn, will also participate.

 From the producer: The central question is - how far-fetched is this
movie? How far are we from thinking, talking, feeling robots (and is that
our goal), and is the vision of a android future optimistic, such as Asimov
wrote about, or something darker? What complicated puzzles do we have to
solve before we have intelligent robots?"

Enjoy!
Natasha

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc