[extropy-chat] How are we going to do this?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 10 23:04:55 UTC 2004

--- Michael Howell <vanmojo at msn.com> wrote:
[re: the cost of medicine]
>     Interesting idea, except for one thing as far as
> I see. A number of Transhumanists have written and
> talked about the Singularity, I'll assume everyone
> knows what I'm talking about, it's possibilities and
> it's dangers. If the Singularity is approaching as
> fast as some theorists say, are we going to have
> enough time to wait for the cost to go down?

If the Singularity actually arrives, then wouldn't
that necessarily include nano-Santa, or something with
the same results?  Paying for medicine would be the
least of one's worries at that point.  Or if you mean
one of the more harmful versions of the Singularity,
anti-aging medicine wouldn't help much.