[extropy-chat] Group Hug

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 22:16:28 UTC 2004

Mike,

Thank you for your kind note.  I hope you have seen ExI's Vice President
Greg Burch's recent post to the extropy-chat list (which should have been
forwarded to John Grigg to the wta-talk list), as I hope this clarifies
ExI's position (or lack thereof) in any of the current going on in WTA.
Greg states that ExI does not have any relationship with the internal
affairs of WTA.  ExI has refrained to comment on or participate in any of
the current issues within WTA's framework.  It would be highly
inappropriate for ExI, or any organization, to interfere with the internal
business of another organization.

To respond to your concerns and best wishes, ExI is currently addressing
the past, recent and future issues that have and could occur in our
transhumanist community.

We are in the process of scheduling a "TransCooperative Colloquium" virtual
meeting for more than a dozen transhumanist organizations.  It is currently
scheduled for June 15th.

The organizations that participate in the TransCoopertive Colloquium will
also chair and moderate the meetings. The chair will rotate for each
meeting, making sure that each organization has the opportunity to chair.
The chairing organization will not, at the same meeting, moderate the
meeting; as the moderator will be from a different organization.  For
example, if Foresight Institute chairs the meeting, WTA will moderate (and
visa versa); or if The Singularity chairs the meeting, Betterhumans will
moderate (visa versa).

No one organization will "run" the colloquium, as it will be a cooperative
and collaborative effort.

The letter inviting organizations will be delivered early next week.

I think the TransCooperative Colloquium will offer a wonderful opportunity
of transhumanist organizations to meet and greet, show and tell, discuss
and debate, calendar events, and clear the air.

Thank you Mike for your email and I send my best to everyone,

Warmly,

Natasha Vita-More
President, Extropy Institute
Founder, Transhumanist Arts & Culture