[extropy-chat] the (scary) future of pro-death bioethics andlegislation

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 16:25:47 UTC 2004

> Samantha Atkins
>
> With national health care just around the corner...

Dont worry Samantha, it isn't.  It looked like it was
around the corner ten years ago, but no one is pushing
for that now.  Either the singularity or our natural
demise is much more eminent.

> When the government is the single payer...

Don't worry, that won't happen either.  If you are
referring to the US government, it cannot afford
to take on everyone's medical bills.

> Sigh.
>
> - samantha

There are some advantages to having the Fed up to
its elected eyeballs in debt: it is less able to
take on and screw up new areas of our lives.