[extropy-chat] New to the list

Gregory Propf gpropf1 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 17:03:09 UTC 2004

starman2100 at cableone.net wrote:

>Hello Gregory,
>
>Welcome to the list!  You will be regularly finding nuggets of knowledge and
>wisdom here & get to meet some interesting characters. lol  I recommend you also
>join Cryonet (the cryonics list).  Rudi Hoffman is a regular contributor to it
>and a fellow Floridian who is a very dedicated cryonicist and a gregarious
>gentleman as well.
>
>www.cryonet.org <http://www.cryonet.org>

I'll try to get on this today.  Didn't realize those guys were here in FL.

>I would encourage you to seriously consider getting a cryonics policy regardless
>of your age.  Disease and/or accident can strike unexpectedly and suddenly make
>you uninsurable.  Cryonics is the ultimate safety net (hopefully never needed
>but...) should the unthinkable happen.
>
>www.alcor.org <http://www.alcor.org>

Yeah, I keep thinking about this.  Somehow, I just keep putting it off.
Partly due to apprehension.  I don't know what I'm afraid of exactly.
At 35 I could get cheap insurance.  And as they say "cryonics is the
second worst thing that can happen to you" :)  Perhaps the idea of
having to be "outed" at some point by my relatives.  I'm single so I
don't have to have the "honey I'm going to be frozen" talk with wifey
and I would never marry anyone who wasn't a THer herself anyway but I
wonder how my uncles and parents might react.  They already think I'm
pretty weird though, maybe this would just be filed as another "Greg
thing". Hehehe :)