[extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Mon Jun 14 03:16:43 UTC 2004

On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 10:21 pm, Gregory Propf wrote:
>  I never actually ate much sugar but I had a thing for cheese and
> starchy stuff and of course just ate whatever I wanted to in giant
> quantities.  I'm now doing calorie restriction, working out and I post
> on the CR list too.  Lost the weight and now people are hassling me
> over that though.  "You're too thin", "you look bony", "you're wasting
> away", etc... Yeah, but I bet I could bench press most of them.

Same as me.  I now am much healthier, lower cholesterol, more energy,
never sick.  But my relatives nag me that I'm too thin.  My brothers
are overweight, have cholesterol problems, and are starting to have
other health problems.  Besides the weight, I have the same reaction to
being so pale.  Sun damaged skin ages faster.  I avoid sun damage and
stay really pale.  I am often mistaken for being much younger than I
am, yet people think I look funny because I am so pale.

I should go skinhead or dye my hair black for a "goth" skeletal look.
But I digress....

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>