[extropy-chat] World's most and least expensive cities

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Tue Jun 15 15:45:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:51:14AM +0100, Amara Graps wrote:
> Maybe they didn't create a good sample of items in Beijing? Why don't
> you write them and describe what you know?

My understanding is that "cost of expat life" surveys are really
"cost of executive life" surveys and are thus pricing high end
accommodation, dining, and entertainment equivalent to what an exec
would expect in the US.  In some countries high security costs for
execs have to be taken into account as well, one explanation I've
heard for why Russian cities always rank high.

--
  Mike Linksvayer
  http://gondwanaland.com/ml/