[extropy-chat] gmail invitations

paul.bridger paul.bridger at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jun 21 01:08:27 UTC 2004

BillK wrote:
> The main advantage of gmail (or any webmail) for me is that it means
> that whatever the operating system or pc I am running, I can still get
> my email.

IMO what makes gmail a killer app is the powerful search facilities. I don't
plan to use my (hypothetical) account for email. I think the possibilities
for knowledge management are much more interesting.

Today, a powerful use of blogging is to record your knowledge bit-by-bit so
that over time your blog records become like a second memory (or third?).
(Strictly this is klogging or knowledge logging). I very much like the idea
of being able to search over everything I have ever known or thought about a
particular topic.

1GB is plenty for a long running blog + email, and will undoubtedly be
expanded  as required.

Paul Bridger