[extropy-chat] POLITICS: terrorism and strategies

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Fri Jun 25 03:57:15 UTC 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 8:20 PM, paul.bridger wrote:
> If you really want to solve the US problem with terrorism, change the
> cause. US foreign policy is the cause. Obviously.

The cessation of all foreign aid would be an excellent start.
Seriously.

The only reason the Palestinians and Israelis can afford to fight is
because we bankroll both of them, giving them a lot of free time on
their hands.  Same with most of Africa.  Eliminate their free spending
money and they'll have to spend their time looking for a job and
working rather than thinking of creative ways to cause trouble.

All those people will have to adjust, but they'll come around sooner
than later.  As it stands, they don't suffer the consequences of their
poor behavior.

j. andrew rogers