[extropy-chat] POLITICS: terrorism and strategies

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 05:41:15 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:
>
> > Ok, granted.  Question 1 revolves around whether a strategic use
> > of nuclear weapons can convince terrorists that they cannot win?

Oy vey, I dispair every time this grim topic comes up.

Nukes are not the right weapon to use against terrorists,
any more than one would use a shotgun against an ant colony.

With the events of today, it appears that Iraq is charging
toward civil war and utter chaos.  You know that if that
happens, soon Iran and possibly Saudi Arabia will end up
going down the same road for all the same reasons.  Has
anyone suggestions on how to fix any of this?  Is there
any reasonable hope that a different U.S. foreign policy
would prevent the coming war between the Sunnis and the
Shiites?  I suspect not.