[extropy-chat] A world without agriculture?

Steve Davies Steve365 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 27 17:24:13 UTC 2004

In one of the posts I made recently I mentioned the idea of replacing agriculture with some kind of biotechnology and how beneficial this would be. (I recall a fairly long thread a year or so ago about agriculture and its impact). I get my copy of Prospect through the post today and there's this piece by Michael Lind, which explores the idea in some depth:

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/start.asp?P_Article=12702

He mentions Nigel Calder's book "The Environment Game", which I remember reading as a teenager. That (and his book "Technopolis" with its division between 'mugs' and 'zealots') had a big impact on me at the time.

Steve Davies