[extropy-chat] Open and hidden fascism in Exi forum

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Sun Jun 27 22:04:06 UTC 2004

On a discussion list it is quite appropriate to discuss what the
discussion space is and is not for including what is and is not
reasonable discourse and topics.   It is also appropriate to react to
what is discussed honestly.   If these things are not important then it
is not a "discussion list" at all.   The "attack" was on a topic under
discussion that was designed and delivered to be inflammatory to start
with.  That it got some flame is honestly to be expected.  And no, I do
not agree that we should only discuss dispassionately the murder of
hundreds of thousand, the razing of sacred sites of no less than three
western religion or declaring ourselves at war with a world religion.
  We are not dispassionate computers weighing the hypothetical results
of unleashing such violence.  Nor should we be.

- samantha