[extropy-chat] BM's comments

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 28 17:34:56 UTC 2004

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky

>Even if you don't actively censor Bradbury, you can ask him privately to
>shut up, ask him not to voice these ideas on a list run by ExI of which he
>is Director, or take other control measures.  I'm not saying it reflects
>hideously on ExI.  I'm saying it's a liability to transhumanism, and that
>Any Civilized Means are justified in getting him to shut up.  (Aren't you
>glad, Bradbury, that I'm specifying "civilized"?)

Hi Eli -

You are assusming that ExI and its Board have not been discussing the list
and the current situation.  Not so.  We have been discussing it for several
days.

However, I agree with you re the libaility of poor judgment on
transhumanism, ExI and all of us.  This includes defamatory statements made
on the list about transhumanism, ExI and any of us by any of us.

Natasha