[extropy-chat] literally at hand

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 05:07:57 UTC 2004

House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois, called the transfer of power
more than a simple exchange of "a piece of paper."

"Today, the hopes and dreams of millions of Iraqis are closer to
becoming an everyday reality -- a free, democratic government is
literally at hand," Hastert said.

I get so tired of hearing literally this and literally
that and literally the other thing.  I have half a mind
to call up this Hastert character and ask him: If this free
democratic government is LITERALLY and NOT FIGURATIVELY
at hand, then show me this literal HAND!  I want to see
the actual hand that this is literally at.  Oy vey.

Henceforth whenever I hear someone say literally anything,
I shall ask to literally see the whatever the thing is.

}8-[

I am not very popular.

{8^D

spike

ps: To everything there is a time, there is a season, a time to
every purpose under heaven.  After we have a major blowup on
extropians, let us take the time to get over it, to have some fun.
I've been missing that here.  We cannot solve all this world's
problems.

Good luck, Iraqis.  This is your big chance.  {8-]