[extropy-chat] Clint Eastwood on gay marriage

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Mon Mar 1 14:42:25 UTC 2004

On Monday, March 01, 2004 9:23 AM Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com wrote:
> > From: Ross Barlow rbarlow at penn.com
> >  (But count me
> > among those others who are really pissed at whoever it was here that
> > gave away the ending to Gibson's "Passion.")
> >
> > -Ross Barlow.
>
> What? You mean he doesn't get crucified? ;)

I knew I should have edited my forward of the Barlow post...:)

Regards,

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html

"There are philosophers who have given their mind to the phenomenon of
disregard of laws and have sought out its causes.  Much more surprising,
however, is the opposite phenomenon of respect for laws and deference to
authority.  History never lacks instances to show us of vast masses of
men submitting to a yoke which is hateful to them, and lending unanimous
and willing aid to keep in being a Power which they detest." -- Bertrand
de Jouvenel, _On Power: The Natural History of its Growth_