[extropy-chat] Plan to allow transsexuals into Games on back burner

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 1 17:43:54 UTC 2004

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> so long as
> no government agency
> is involved in ordering anyone to be altered (there
> should be some sort
> of lie detector test to affirm that the athlete
> underwent the procedure
> of their own free will) then the whole eugenics
> thing can be avoided.

Noble sentiment; easily bypassed in practice.

"No, honest, I did it of my own free will.  I freely
chose not to be relegated to a life of drudge labor
which I would be if I didn't do this.  But that was my
choice."  ...and you don't even have to have the
government enforcing it; such a situation could happen
in the USA despite the government not providing any
coercion, save insufficient outreach to the poor about
educational opportunities and their role in paths to
better lives.