[extropy-chat] FSP: Killington Votes to Secede

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 3 18:42:02 UTC 2004

--- Technotranscendence <neptune at superlink.net> wrote:
> I know this is in Vermont, but I wonder about
> similar legal processes in
> other states of the US.  It might be yet another way
> to alter the
> system...

I can tell you flat out it couldn't succeed in
California.  True, some of the cities were founded
before California (some of them were founded when this
was still Mexico), but the state has explicit legal
soverignity over all cities, counties, and other such
governments within its geographic boundaries.  I
suspect the same applies to, at least, most states on
or near the Pacific, if not all states in the US
period.