[extropy-chat] Re:BIO: Interesting HIV research- "A Clear and Present Danger"

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 4 15:36:46 UTC 2004

Have not clicked to read the info but this could be both good and very
very bad news.  For years I have said that given time AIDS may  evolve
to be able to hybridize.

The part that may be very very deadly is if the other component by
itself or the combination as a result of hybridization becomes
VIRULENT.  Given the strong ability of AIDS to mutate and the fact that
millions of hosts containing billions of particles have provided the
cauldron for this event for the last 20 years this is a particularly
possible event.

I think we can forget all the chicken, cat and cow diseases.  If AIDS
ever  becomes virulent we might only have 15  years to stop it in its
tracks or suffer massive scale  global depopulation.

There will be lots of resources to go around if the world population
declines by 99%.

Those who better understand the precise  nucleic structure will be
better to give odds on this event but for those who only understand the
broader aspects it is truly understood to be taken as
"A  Clear and Present Danger"

"Pharmer Mo"