[extropy-chat] FSP: Killington Votes to Secede

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 23:07:10 UTC 2004

Ah, that was a statement by Adrian, I think.

I had said that essentially any state that was created by an act of
secession out of the territory of another state (Vermont, West
Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas,
Washington, etc...) must implicitly recognise the right of its people
to secede, since the basis for all government here in the US is that no
government can have a right that is not delegated to it by the people
as individuals. If they do not recognise such a right, then their own
legitimacy is at stake, else they claim some other source of their
authority than the people, i.e. obvious tyranny.

--- Karen Rand Smigrodzki <Karen at Smigrodzki.org> wrote:
> apparently i misunderstood the statement " I
> suspect the same applies to, at least, most states on
>  or near the Pacific, if not all states in the US
> period." I took that to mean something other than what it meant. I
> read too
> quickly.
>
> excuse me.

=====