[extropy-chat] Vikings' Barbaric Bad Rap Beginning to Fade

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Mar 5 21:21:09 UTC 2004

On Friday, March 05, 2004 10:13 AM Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
wrote:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0217_040217_vikings.html

> Whew, what a relief!  I tell you, I've never
> been a fan of any sort of rap ... but *bad*
> rap is almost criminal ... an outright assault
> on the senses. ;))

Bad Rap?  I didn't know there was any other kind.:)

Regards,

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html

"... by opening the prospect of Power to all the ambitious talents, this
arrangement [viz., democracy] makes the extension of Power much easier.
Under the _ancien regime_, society's moving spirits, who had, as they
knew, no change of a share of Power, were quick to denounce its smallest
encroachment.  Now, on the other hand, when everyone is potentially a
minister, no one is concerned to cut down an office to which he aspires
one day himself, or to put sand in the machine which he means to use
himself when his turn comes.  Hence it is that there is in the political
circles of a modern society a wide complicity in the extension of
Power."  -- Bertrand de Jouvenel