[extropy-chat] Bashing the brand (was Neural Engineering)

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 19 12:09:55 UTC 2004

From: "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com>

> Now, many of you may remember my rather infamous
> "lets nuke Afghanistan" post of a couple of years ago.
> This was based on my utilitarian/extropic argument ...

I have to agree with Hubert that this sort of use of "extropic" is
likely to be harmful to the Extropian brand.

It won't matter how many disclaimers are placed on the web
site, people WILL still form their own views of what extropians
stand for based on what influential extropians - like board
members say - especially if those board members explicitly
invoke the brand in support of their arguments.

- Brett Paatsch