[extropy-chat] Neural Engineering

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 19 16:40:13 UTC 2004

--- Anders Sandberg <asa at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> As I tend to think of it, we own the contents of our
> minds just as we own our
> bodies. We have the sole right to determine what to
> do with our internal
> information, whether to reveal it or remain silent.
> This right appears to be
> stronger than just the ordinary ownership rights
> just as the right to one's
> body is stronger than ordinary ownership of external
> objects.

So...do we need an automatic copyright of experiences?
Sharing of which, without the full consent of everyone
involved or special government circumstance, would be
a criminal act?  And if corporations who make products
that contribute the the experience can be considered
to be "involved" (watching a DVD or reading a book
yields obvious involvement, but extend that to include
situations where the DVD's case or a book happens to
be on the shelf in the background of a shared
moment)...

Yes, this is (somewhat) tongue in cheek.