[extropy-chat] The end of crime as we used to know it?

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Mar 19 22:54:54 UTC 2004

I side with Eugen here, though I can understand Anders point about the
other impacts.  Also, this is more a case of learning how to deal with
the ramifications anyhow.  My fear is that since we all tend to live in
democratic societies where there's a strong streak of the despotic
impulse -- in the form of people wanting to tell their neighbors what to
do and how to think -- that the technology will provide for stronger
forms of social control.

In order to prevent this, we need only [26 lines deleted].

BTW, is anyone going to see the new "Dawn of the Dead" film?  What are
its ramifications for the Singularity?

Regards,

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html