[extropy-chat] grape Jeez

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 15:06:58 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm especially struck by the way bigots murmured against Jesus,
> pointing
> out accusingly that he kept scandalous company with `publicans,
> sinners and freshly squeezed grape juice bibbers.'

Yes, and don't forget the tax collectors and harlots, which is why you
find so many Kennedys in similar careers...

I hear that Yasser Arafat just declared "The Passion..." as "not
anti-semitic" after an evening viewing with muslim and christian
colleagues (they made sure both were mentioned in news reports). He
thought it was a "moving" depiction. This likely has caused great
consernation to the ignorant here in America who thought that Jews were
the only semites. Of course, Gibson didn't depict *arab* semites as
evil for conspiring against Jesus....

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development