[extropy-chat] grape Jeez

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 15:15:41 UTC 2004

> I'm especially struck by the way bigots murmured against
> Jesus, pointing
> out accusingly that he kept scandalous company with
> `publicans, sinners and
> freshly squeezed grape juice bibbers.'
>
> Damien Broderick

As it turns out, those criticisms had little effect,
for the attitude of the elders seems to be along the
lines of "sure he is hanging with whores and drunks,
but how many of you did not do those sorts of things
when you were his age?"  So it was followed by: yes
but he hangs out with TAX COLLECTORS!  A much more
serious charge.  spike