[extropy-chat] Interview With The Ambassador

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Tue Mar 23 05:26:53 UTC 2004

>From The Speculist, a nice piece of fiction: Transcript of MOSH Radio 102.9
interview with Ambassador Bell. NEW YORK Ron Jones: It is our privilege to
have with us today the honorable Justin Bell. Dr. Bell is the augmented
community's official ambassador to natural humans. Ambassador Bell, it is a
pleasure to have you with us today. Ambassador Bell: It is an honor to be
here. Ron Jones: Augmented beings have been a reality for fifteen years.
During that time demographics have shifted dramatically... Ambassador Bell:
These 15 years have seen the most important changes in recorded history. I
think most of us will agree that some of these changes have caused problems
and pain. I have lost contact with a brother who has chosen to remain a
natural human. I love him and hope that some day we'll be friends again.
Would you like my impression of the days leading up to the singularity?....
I have always been what marketers would call an "early adopter." Whether it
was computers, cell phones, the Internet, life extension, or augmentation I
was always one of the first in line. This was called the "bleeding edge."
And with early adopters of augmentation, it was a literal description. But
each of these steps along the way prepared me individually and society as a
whole for the Singularity...

---