[extropy-chat] NEWS:Nasa Mach 7 mission accomplished

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 28 07:22:37 UTC 2004

J Corbally wrote:
> They did it!
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3575561.stm
>
> Just watched it live on the ITV 24 news, but had to wait a few minutes
> for the confirmation.

   Does anyone know what its velocity was 1.) at separation from rocket
booster 2.) at initiation of scramjet burn 3.) max velocity during scramjet
burn 4.) velocity at termination of scramjet burn.

   I'm just wondering if the scramjet was powerful enough to sustain the
velocity it got from the rocket booster and accelerate.  The press releases
are vague on this point.

--
  Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself