[extropy-chat] Needing Extropian list member help...

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 31 19:53:54 UTC 2004

John Grigg wrote:

>If anyone knows of a magazine distributor who you think would be open to
>distributing our transhumanist/immoralist magazine, please send me an
>email and let me know.  I would really appreciate the help!<BR>

I'm sorry that I have yet to help you with this John.  I'm cc'ing Max
because he is the one that knows about magazine distribution from the days
of "Extropy: Journal of Transhumanist Thought."

While comic books sell, magazines (and even comic books) are difficult to
get off the ground and in circulation without a smart marketing
production/marketing team and lots of advertisers.

You might better use your talents in an alternative route, for example
-produce calendar series with transhumanist themes and images in 6-month
editions (that would keep the topics more current).  You could develop
enough material in the public domain or team up with an organization such
as ExI and use its material over the years and/or email posts and have
images to go with them for the calendar.  I love calendars and would love
to have one that focused on transhumanism.

In short, is there another way to use your talents to get ideas out to
people that is unique and timely and something that people would purchase.

Best,
Natasha