[extropy-chat] Like! Wow!

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sun May 2 22:17:51 UTC 2004

Apropos of our thread on doing science, and the dispute over nanotech --

I just came across an sf novel, _Timepiece_, by Brian N. Ball. I have not
read it. I did read and enjoy another of his books. I'm looking at the
first American printing, a paperback from Ballantine Books, dated 1970. The
Ballantines published many fine books.

However. I have to wonder who wrote cover blurbs then, and what might have
been in their bloodstream.

On the front, below the title, reads "the mindbending search for time itself."

On the back, the blurb includes --

>He blends science and fiction in an explosively imaginative form that
>whirls the reader into a vortex of excitement.
>
>But perhaps the most disconcerting aspect of this novel is that the
>theories expounded by the author have been checked by a noted scientist
>and have been declared feasible.

Holy mother-of-pearl, Batman!

-- David Lubkin.