[extropy-chat] big bright light in the northwest

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 4 09:42:32 UTC 2004

On Mon May 3 22:34:25 MDT 2004 Reason queried:
> Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what that big bright,
> brighter-than-planets star in the northwest is? Visible in California
> right now (21:30PST).

Go to one of my favorite sites:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

Choose your location, then it will give you a starchart and lots of
other lovely information.  :)
Mars and Saturn are also quite close to Venus at present.

--------
If you're interested in satellites or astronomy, you've come to the
right place! Our aim is to provide you with all the information you need
to observe satellites such as the International Space Station and the
Space Shuttle, spectacular events such as the dazzlingly bright flares
from Iridium satellites as well as a wealth of other spaceflight and
astronomical information.

We not only provide the times of visibility, but also detailed star
charts showing the satellite's track through the heavens. All our pages,
including the graphics, are generated in real-time and customized for
your location and time zone.
---------

BillK