[extropy-chat] "3 Laws Unsafe" by the Singularity Institute

Tyler Emerson emerson at singinst.org
Sun May 9 10:23:17 UTC 2004

"3 Laws Unsafe" will be a website campaign from SIAI. The campaign
will tie in to the July 16th release of "I, Robot," the feature
film based on Isaac Asimov's short story collection of the same
name where his 3 Laws of Robotics were first introduced.

The 3 Laws of Robotics represent a popular view of how to construct
moral AI, and their failures were often explored by Isaac Asimov in
his stories. What we hope to do is advance the Asimov tradition of
deconstructing the 3 Laws. We want to encourage critical, technical
thinking on whether they're real solutions to moral AI creation.

If you can contribute to the success of "3 Laws Unsafe," please
email emerson at singinst.org. The Singularity Institute is especially
looking for graphic and site designers who can create the site with
Moveable Type (or something similar), promoters who can help ensure
that it has a high search engine ranking for keyword combinations
related to the film, and writers who can help create content.

This project is urgent because of the film's early July release.
Our deepest thanks to everyone who can contribute to its success.

3 Laws Unsafe >
http://www.singinst.org/asimovlaws.html

Where Help is Needed >
http://www.singinst.org/action/opportunities.html

--
Tyler Emerson
Executive Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

--
Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and advocacy news:
http://www.singinst.org/news/subscribe.html