[extropy-chat] Congrats, Spike!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon May 10 09:32:54 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 07:48:36PM -0700, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> The THEL is kicking ass and taking names...

I don't see any reason why one can't sputter >99% reflexivity coats on top of
rocket body composite. Sensors are more difficult to shield, but one still
can use covers, and high-velocity electrooptical shutters.

It's really hard to damage a hardened cruising weapon with photon flux from
several km distance.

> I also note that /. says a new 50% efficient solar cell technology has
> been developed. Whoooey! Tomorrow is getting here faster every day! ;)

It's an effect, not a product. Most effects never survive the gruelling road
to become a product.