[extropy-chat] Congrats, Spike!

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 15:25:30 UTC 2004

Isn't it also supposed to be a compliment to the Patriot PAC II systems
the Israelis have been depending on? Of course, the threat of SCUD
missiles from Iraq *seems* to have abated, at least in the short term,
but Iran has longer range missiles, as well as aircraft launched attack
missiles, and the signs coming out of Iran wrt its nuke program seem
pretty ominous. Who knows what is happening in Syria, as well.

THEL, I imagine, might be mass produced here and deployed around the
country to defend sites like sports stadiums, high rise buildings, the
Pentagon and other DC sites, etc. though it would have to be tested
against airliners to prevent another 9/11. If successful, this would
force terrorism back to car and truck bomb levels of sophistication.

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> This kind of approach might be possible, but I suspect that the
> actual use of the THEL and related systems will be to knock
> out small planes that are headed for crowded sports stadiums.
>
> spike

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development