[extropy-chat] TECH: Computer Upgrade Paths...

Emlyn ORegan Emlyn.Oregan at micromet.com.au
Tue May 18 01:14:57 UTC 2004

> Is the productivity on a Pentium 4 or a G5 *really* so much higher
> than an Athlon that it justifies this kind of price differential?
> [You have to remember that I'm typing this on a dual Pentium Pro
> @ 200 MHz (~6 year old technology) and it usually meets my needs
> just fine...]
>
> Robert

In one word? No.

64 bit might be a geek toy on a laptop at this stage, however. Does any
usable OS take advantage of 64 bit?

Emlyn

Confidentiality: The contents of this email are confidential and are
intended only for the named recipient. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please reply to us immediately and delete the document.
No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or
other defect.