[extropy-chat] Gunnar Graps 1951-2004

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 22:04:48 UTC 2004

I just had a thought...

Amara is an astronomer who examines interplanetary dust and the stars. Her
cousin was a rock star. They had something wonderfully precious in common -

"The dust wakes out of its slumber and I follow its passage.

>From volcanoes on moons, through comet breezes,
Atop bookshelves in rooms, expelled by human sneezes,
>From disks of new stars into emerald-blue planets,

The dust is a piece of me, or am I a piece of dust?

We fly from the ecliptic brightness,
feel comforted by the local fluff, and
drink a ceylon tea at the cosmic tea table
with our friends from beta Pic.

They don't laugh at my jokes, but I smile anyway."

Amara Lynn Graps
March 2001

Natasha