[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] David Ray Griffin's constructive postmoden theology

J Corbally jcorb at irishbroadband.net
Sun May 23 14:22:58 UTC 2004

>Message: 7
>Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:04:20 -0700
>From: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1 at mindspring.com>
>Subject: [extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] David Ray Griffin's
>         constructive    postmoden theology
>To: "Extropy-chat at extropy.org" <Extropy-chat at extropy.org>,
>         "skeptic at listproc.hcf.jhu.edu" <skeptic at listproc.hcf.jhu.edu>,  UFO
>         UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates at virtuallystrange.net>
>

>Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:15:42 -0700
>From: "T. Peter Park" <tpeterpark at erols.com>
>   To: forteana at yahoogroups.com
>Subj: FWD [forteana] David Ray Griffin's constructive postmoden theology
>

>Dear Listmates, friends, and philosophers,
>

>              Are any of you familiar with this rather interesting
>thinker? If so, what do you think of him?

I think he's a bog-standard conservative postmodernist whose trying to buy
his own personal religious agenda by couching it in academic terms.

In other words, your typical god-fearing Christian conservative with some
whacky paranormalist beliefs thrown in.  Like most of his kind (including
the Intelligent Design lot) they believe their take on "science" will swoop
down from the skies and magically save their cherished beliefs.

No sale.

James...