[extropy-chat] balloon stations at the edge of space

Reason reason at longevitymeme.org
Sun May 23 21:14:42 UTC 2004

I was thinking that this technology will enable for a viable new frontier.
If it pans out, there's nothing stopping small self-organized groups from
bringing up soil, plants, etc and putting entire cities thirty miles up over
international waters, built one piece at a time. A come-as-you-are sort of
affair, very enabling for libertarians if the price point for hoisting a
moderate self-sufficient living unit falls low enough.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme