[extropy-chat] Re: Methusaleh quote

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 24 14:49:46 UTC 2004

Harvey wrote:

> J Hughes writes:
>
> > Since Jose chose to post this to the wta-talk list I'll briefly explain.
> >
> > When the Methusaleh Mouse prize was started we were urged to have WTAers
> > publicly support it, and encourage rivalry among friendly organizations
> > to get it going.
> >
> > I responded with a personal donation of $25 identifying myself as a
> > member of the WTA.
> >
> > My statement read:
> [....]
>
> To be fair and accurate, I think James should have also reported that he
did
> not submit this donation using the name "James Hughes", but rather using
the
> name of "World Transhumanist Association - James Hughes".

I'm not sure that that is completely fair and accurate Harvey, so far as I
can
see James Hughes doesn't seem to have reported anything to the Extropy-chat
list yet. Jose has posted twice that I've seen recently regarding James but
if
James has offended it doesn't seem to have been on this list and if James
has
felt a need to defend or explain anything then that doesn't seem to have
extended to this list either.

- Brett Paatsch